One Eight Filtration introduces the Ecomix Type A
Ecomix Type A is an advanced multi-purpose filter media for problem water. Ecomix is a highly effective solution for removing water hardness, iron, manganese, tannins and ammonia. It comprises of 5 special components made from natural and synthetic materials. After loading the softener with Ecomix it separates into 5 layers ensuring an efficient operation.
Using Ecomix is more effective than traditional filtration methods for water with a high iron content as it;
- Removes ferrous, ferric, organic and colloidal iron and manganese at the highest concentration levels on the market.
- Removes the discoloration of water caused by the presence of tannins.
- Works at a low TDS, low hardness, high H2S and pH 5-9.
- Works with low salt consumption.
- Maximum operating temperature – 40 °C
- Service flow rate – 20-25 m/h
- Backwash flow rate – 10-15 m/h
- Brine (slow rinse) flow rate – 3.5 m/h
- Minimum bed depth – 500 mm
- Recommended bed depth – 800 mm
- Freeboard – 40% or more
- Salt consumption – 100 g/L of media
- Brine concentration – 8-10%
- Water consumption per regeneration – under 10 L/L
- Ion-exchange capacity – 35 g CaCO3/L
Feed water requirements
- Hardness – 15 mEq/L
- Iron – 15 mg/L
- Manganese – 3 mg/L
- Chemical Oxygen Demand – 20 mg O2/L
- Ammonium – 4 mg/L
- pH – 5-9
- Maximum TDS – 4000 mg/L