LEWATIT® S1567 Softening Ion Exchange Resin
Lewatit® S1567 is a monodisperse cation exchanger made using a solvent-free production process. It has been developed for the softening of both potable water in household installations (e.g., softening units equipped with cartridges) and raw water used in industrial plants.
It is very economical due to the product’s durability and long life. The monodisperse ion exchange matrix is very stable both chemically and mechanically, and its uniformity ensures a homogenous flow through the filter. This minimizes rinse water requirements and maximizes utilization of the regeneration.
The monodisperse beads are chemically and osmotically very stable, and they can effectively be disinfected for the drinking water processing. The optimised kinetics lead to an increased operating capacity compared to ion exchange resins with heterodisperse bead size distribution.
Lewatit S 1567 is especially applicable for:
– Softening in special systems with regular disinfection.
– Water softening applications where media bed disinfection is required (Hospitals, Pharmaceutical, Food industry).
– Softening of drinking water.
– Residential, commercial and industrial water softeners.
Long service life and longevity, Low salt consumption, Chlorine tolerance.
- Solvent-free sulfonation.
- Simple and improved disinfection.
- Excellent chemical and mechanical stabilities.
- Very low content of fines.
- High capacity.
Lewatit S1567 features:
- High exchange flow rates during regeneration and loading.
- A good utilisation of the total capacity.
- A low demand for rinse water.
- Homogeneous throughput of regenerants, water and solutions; therefore a homogeneous working zone.
- Nearly linear pressure drop gradient for the whole bed depth; therefore operation with higher bed depth is poss.
Compared with other resins, Lewatit resins out perform all other resins in respect of service life and longevity because it has a reduced salt consumption and improved chlorine tolerance.